I have returned from the lovely South-east to the great South-west, from Alabama back to Arizona. One could almost see patterns here…Anyway, I made it back to Phoenix and the nice, warm temps. The rest of the country seems to be walking the border with spring while we’re already flirting with summer. You’d think this transition would become easier to accept as the years pass…apparently you’d be wrong. Nonetheless, I’ve been trying to get out and enjoy the gorgeous sunshine while I can still withstand the UV rays with proper sunscreen. The sinuses do not appreciate this venture, but things will settle in soon enough (I hope).
Everything I set up back in Alabama seems to be holding strong. I feel significantly less worry and anxiety regarding the family now, and I’m so grateful for that! I remain hopeful that things can maintain the status quo for a while, as I feel that kitties have been seriously neglected the last couple of weeks. And, frankly, I’m tired of traveling. (Dramatic pause for gasps all around…) Yes, I said it. Traveling, to me, isn’t nearly as much fun when it’s more obligation than vacation. I try to make the most of whatever trip, but these obligatory visits drain me in a much more intense way. I need some recovery time (aka kitty snuggle time) before I venture forth again (smile).
Going back to work this week was like having a bucket of rather cold water dumped on my head – both unexpected and unpleasant. It’s felt like one thing after another all week – and it was a short week! So frustrating… It’s becoming increasingly difficult to deny the truth – all that stress and anxiety I’ve been dealing with isn’t coming from my personal life, or my family life, or anything in particular with my health…it’s coming from my job. Oh sure, maybe not 100%, but a significant portion. I’ve begun pulling some strings and levers to make some necessary changes, but I’m struggling with my attitude in the meantime. Definitely a test of patience!!
In other random news:
- Random: My landlord kindly offered to wash my car this week. I totally accepted because that’s just awesome (smile). The hummingbirds are out in full force! I’m seriously considering a second feeder in lieu of a windchime.
- Reading: I finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I feel like it started out really strong, but kinda deflated somewhere in the middle. It almost just felt a) too unrealistic and b) too rushed. One more instance where my taste seems to run astray of the mainstream. I started reading The Graveyard Queen books by Amanda Stevens. I just finished The Restorer and I’m completely hooked! I love a good book series and this one seems particularly relevant to my new hobby (come back Wednesday for more on that) (smile).
- Watching: I started watching Orange is the New Black on Netflix. So far, so good!! Game of Thrones is back in 2 weeks – whoop whoop!!
- Listening: My friend came into town Wednesday night for the Kings of Leon concert. It was at an outdoor venue and the weather was perfect (just like the drummer – dreamy smile). We had such a great time! In the spirit of holding on to that very positive moment, I’ve replaced my Black Keys with Kings of Leon (all volumes) for the foreseeable future.
- Hoping: I’m really hoping to find some much needed motivation and patience. Change is coming as sure as the sun will shine in Phoenix tomorrow, I just have to dress appropriately and remember the sunscreen… (smile)