Wow – hello September! I have a bit of a confession to make here…I don’t really like September. As a whole, it’s always seemed to be an odd transition month with nothing particularly eventful to break up that strange feeling of being in between. However, this year promises to be an exception to that rule as my best friend is due to have her first child any day now! She’s my first close friend to have a baby and I am super thrilled to be part of the journey – and to be a first time (pseudo) Auntie!! This baby girl is going to be loved beyond all reason (smile). Suddenly this month seems so much more exciting already…
1. Organize all my photos. I did get all of my photos onto one external hard drive. And I backed that drive up with another external hard drive. I call that progress given the number of photos I was working with (over 35k – a lot for this amateur photographer!).
2. Finish blanket for baby shower. Done! And I couldn’t be more pleased with the result! My friend loved it and hopefully I’ll get to take some pictures of my new niece with it very soon (smile).
3. Order a PMP Study Guide. I did rent a PMP study guide from Amazon. I’ve never rented a book from them before, but for the savings it was worth a shot. I have the book through December so I really need to start studying!
1. Categorize/tag photos. Now that I have all of those photos in one place, I would like to start cross-categorizing/tagging them. Right now they’re all sorted by date, but I think I can take it a step or two further. Clearly this may be an ongoing goal, but I’m hoping to at least get a good start this month!
2. Study, study, study. I ordered my PMP Study Guide last month but didn’t have much time to really study as I was finishing baby blankets, etc. This month I’m hoping to integrate studying into my daily routine so I can start working my way through the book quickly.
3. Budget better. For several reasons both expected and unexpected, my budget has gotten a bit out of hand these last couple of months. In order to meet some upcoming larger goals, I really need to focus on being more aware of my spending habits and save, save, save!
4. Meet my niece! Okay so there’s not much I can do about this one besides drive to California, but you best believe I’ll be doing that as soon as she arrives! I’m so excited for my friend and her husband – they’re going to be great parents! And I plan on being the best (pseudo) Auntie I can be (huge grin)!