It’s award all around and I owe special thanks to the lovely Miriam who shares her adventures and lovely animals over at Farm Girl. Since I’ve made the classic rookie mistake of not having a proper speech prepared, I’ll just skip to the fun part (smile).
“Liebster” is German and means sweetest or beloved.
There are a few rules associated with the honours, so I’ll get those out of the way first:
1. Tell 11 things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the nominator has created for you.
3. Tag 11 people with under 200 followers. I may be a bit of a rebel on this one, but only because I believe in quality more than numbers (and I don’t want to look those up for everyone either). Rebel I am! Sorry I am not! (Smile)
1. I love animals. If I had a huge area of land and the budget, I would love to open up an all-animals-welcome preserve.
2. One of my dreams is to visit all 7 continents (4 down, 3 to go!).
3. I’m a huge Beetles fan and my bedroom may somewhat resemble a shrine of sorts.
4. My Plan B in life is to be a one-stop wedding shop – I’m an attorney, an ordained minister, and amateur photographer (think pre-nup, wedding, and maybe even a few photos).
5. I have my dad’s feet – right down to the same webbed toes!
6. All of my immediate family (on all sides) lives within 6 hours of one another except for my brother and myself. Rebels, see?
7. I grew up on a farm and know from experience that pretty much everything washes off.
8. Bugs don’t bite me (except ants). Proof that I’m not as sweet as I look? (smile)
9. I love to go fishing, but I don’t really like to eat fish (so I generally put the poor creatures back).
10. When I lived in Miami one of my favorite weird eats was gator bites. Yum!
11. I hate talking on the phone and avoid it at all costs. I was so happy when texting/emailing became a big thing!
Miriam’s Questions for the Nominees:
1. Name one reason you started blogging?
I started blogging for the community. I initially read travel and expat blogs to get ideas on where to go and some tips/tricks for moving abroad. Then I realized what a wonderful community those bloggers create and wanted to join the fun!
2. Beach or Mountains?
If you insist I choose – beach. My real preference is both!
South Beach, FL
3. What is your Myers Briggs?
INTJ. This post tells you all about it! That makes me a Draco Malfoy according to the Harry Potter version. Mixed feelings there guys, mixed feelings…
4. Name the bravest thing you have ever done.
I broke up with my fiance 2 months before I moved to Arizona where I knew absolutely no one. I had no guaranteed job or source of income and I couldn’t work much while I studied for the bar. It was a crazy time, but the best move I could’ve made at the time.
5. What did you have for dinner last night?
I had a black bean burger and homemade sweet potato fries. Double yum!
6. What’s your go to swear word?
Like Miriam, my go to swear word is the f-bomb. I use it a lot. I never realize just how much until I’m around my family (even “freaking” gets me a “pretty girls do not have ugly mouths” from grandma) or when I’m writing something I’m particularly passionate about on this blog. There’s a time and a place in writing for language, but there’s no reason to publish casual usage just for the hell of it. Ha.
7. If you could take a trip tomorrow and money was no object, where would you go?
Africa. I’d start at one end and travel to the other (smile).
8. What’s your favourite cocktail?
Rum & anything. I actually like a good dark rum all on its own. But my everyday go-to is usually red wine.
9. What is the best book you have read in the past year?
The Historian. It’s a slightly different take on the Dracula story. It’s very historical and while it is fiction, it is no Twilight. While not outright scary, it did make me want to keep a few extra lights on while reading which I see as a sign of a well-written story.
10. Heels or flats? Shorts or skirt?
Flats & skirt.
11. What does your name mean in the urban dictionary?
Women named Meredith are enigmatic. They are extremely intelligent but have a tendency to act amazingly stupid. They have loads of factual knowledge but little knowledge of the “ways of the world.” There two varieties of Merediths. One variety encompasses the Merediths who use their intelligence to act pure and innocent but soon the truth of their scandalous side comes out. The other variety of Merediths are truly innocent. Decipher which type is which at your own peril.
Ha. I’m not sure I agree with all of this, but if it holds truth, I’m probably in the first group (angelic smile).
Anyone else who is looking for a great About Me post and wants to pay it forward! (smile)
1. Where is your dream vacation destination?
2. What is your favorite post on your blog and why?
3. What’s your go-to drink after a long day or at the bar?
4. What is something you enjoyed in childhood and would like to do as an adult?
5. Do you prefer movies or books?
6. What is one challenge you’ve set for yourself this year?
7. What’s the strangest food you’ve ever eaten?
8. What is your favorite quote?
9. What’s your favorite holiday?
10. When is your favorite time of day?
11. What’s your go to swear word?
Tag You’re It! Have fun everyone!!