As a disclaimer, this post probably interests me much more than you. I won’t be offended at all if you skip it. I will say, however, that there is a very pretty picture at the end that makes it worth scrolling down. Please come back tomorrow when we’re back off topic (smile)!
Okay, so it’s technically December (and btw can I just say OMG how is it Dec already?!), but my internet has been out and I couldn’t post this until today. I’ve debated about posting this at all versus something more fun (like trip photos *ahem*), but I feel like I need to somehow keep myself accountable. So here goes…
A month or so ago, I wrote a lament on my lack of motivation. Somewhere in there I realized how whiny I sounded and after a mental smack I decided to stop the whining and set some goals to actually move forward! November was a pretty exciting and busy month, but I feel I’ve made a little progress – and something’s almost always better than nothing, right?
1. Find something satisfying in every day.
There were certainly days when this was hard – difficult – challenging – painful even. But on the whole I think I managed. Obviously the vacation days were much easier than the days spent at work, but looking back I think I am most proud of myself for pushing through on those painful days.
2. Remember to be grateful for each experience, be it big or small.
Yeah, so I’m just going to go ahead and admit to a slight fail on this one. There are things that happened last month that still just irritate me. I haven’t found my way around my irritation yet, but I have hope for the future. The other half of the month, well let’s just say it went a long way in reminding me of why my life really is pretty awesome (smile).
3. Cut back on the daydreaming and be more present in each daily scenario.
Okay, so it’s a work in progress…
4. Create a thought board with my bigger goals made by smaller pictures to remind myself that this is how we create our worlds.
I haven’t actually started on this one yet, beyond thinking of the direction I want to go in. I almost want to wait until January for this one, but we shall see.
5. Take one small task that I’ve been trying to turn into a habit and do it.
Yeah, just not even close. Unless I can claim #1 here, in which case I have a maybe. I’ll take it!
6. Begin researching opportunities for changing my bigger picture
Researching? No. But I did re-find my motivation this month – and really that’s most of my battle!
7. Focus on an area of my life I want to change and begin the steps of pursuit.
8. Find activities to participate in that take place during the week.
9. Put dates on my To Do list and stick with them.
I have made great progress on this one actually and I’m pretty proud of myself. Maybe next month this one can go under #5 as well (smile)!
10. Breathe deep and let it be.
Sunset, Isle of Skye